Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?
Perhaps a combination of both. I have been living alone since my big D in 2006 and I don’t seem to mind; rarely wish for company. Seventy five percent of my king size bed is littered with books. I occupy the remaining 25% when I sleep. As for socializing I am happy meeting friends for lunch, dinner or high tea in or outside my nook. I love cozy cafes. Church, concerts, lectures, or family get-togethers – I welcome them as revitalizing shot to my routine which is being alone.
Thursday 13: They are also in and out
Breakfast this morning was spent watching CNN’s Pierce Morgan talking with people about President Barack Obama’s support for gay marriage. I wonder what would these writers have said if they were the ones interviewed.
1. Sappho (600 B.C.) Greek Poetess
2. Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626) British statesman and writer
3. Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593) English dramatist and poet
4. Lord Byron (1788-1824) British poet
5. Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875) Danish poet and writer
6. Margaret Fuller (1810-1850) Euro-American writer and journalist
7. Walt Whitman (1819-1892) Euro-American poet
8. Herman Melville (18-19-1891 Euro-American writer
9. Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) Irish writer and dramatist
10. Marcel Proust (1871-1922) French writer
11. W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965) British writer and dramatist
12. Virginia Woolf (1882-1941) British writer and publisher
13. Truman Capote (1924-1984) Euro-American author