A nasty cold was mangling my nose into a mound of peeling red on new year’s day. I fought it with antibiotics and sneezed through the first day of 2011. Same old, same old except that I like to think this is the way I am saying goodbye for the first time to a favorite past-time.
Where Miranda Priestley would have called me an incubus of viral plague, C hang out with me in a resort town to see the day go by. This is my first coffee of the year.
C’s first detox food
and her first dessert, which I pecked at occasionally. The nose was still stuffy. C was brave.
We proceeded to Hilton where we drank the night away listening to live music. If I didn’t remember that I used to frequent Hilton twelve years ago, my margarita would probably have tasted new. Oh well.
Time to get back to reality. Face another year of crap. Until the next getaway then.
Ebie and Arlene‘s Our Weekend Memoirs
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? I was too immersed in nautical dreams I held an iron too close to the side of my lap. At least it didn’t look like frustrated suicide.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? A painting I bought in the Thai-Myanmar border.
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP? When I was a kid I was told I did all these except snore. Now I surf cyberspace in my sleep.
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? It depends on the mood and mode.
5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN? Around 10 AM or I could mistake that for my son’s.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? To accomplish efond by February 3rd.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? Someone’s chest.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)? Right now, a tiny flash drive containing work that will determine where will I be in the next 3 years.
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU? Too short for my 6’2″ prince
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? No
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? No
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? The X, bless him.
13. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR? That I can’t pull off this stunt I got myself into.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON PEOPLE YOU’RE ATTRACTED TO? Jet black
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING? Somewhere near some form of help. I don’t want to cause chaos in the mind of someone whose orientation is different from mine.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Coffee baby anytime
17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Salami
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? A decent breakfast. I’m off to work in a few minutes. Yes, I’m working on a Sunday.
19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? Purple
20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? Maybe by mistake
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED? Some nice words
22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? I have them all the time
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? Sometimes I wish I were
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Not big on brands. As long as it fits, feels good on both skin and purse, shoot.
25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY? T.L.
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW? Yes
27. WHAT KIND IS IT? Toy poodle
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? I’ve fallen in love knowing that the person was not even around physically. This is where I am perfectly insane.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED? 9
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES? Stereotyping is getting old
32. FAVORITE QUOTE? Nobody knows the truffles I’ve seen.
33. FAVORITE PLACE? A cottage with books, beautiful tea sets and calming music.
Bud Weiser‘s Sunday Stealing
Ace of Hadeon of My Heroes Have Always Been Scientists